• Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+
  • RSS Feed

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Lips candy: Rimmel Kate Moss Matte Lipsticks and Maybelline Colour Vivid

0 hugs
 
DSC_0343

Since most of the make-up brands has released their Spring 2013 collections, I went to Boots and managed to pick up just a few stuffs. Mostly lip products, which is what this post is about.

Been wanting to get the Rimmel Kate Moss lipsticks and managed to pick it up finally this time around. Got the matte lipstick, because it just seems to be the most 'Kate' product. And I got it in shade 101.
DSC_0364_2

One thing about matte lipstick is that it accentuates your lip lines. So that's when lip balms come into use. But I kinda like its finishes, probably 'coz it's in quite a light shade, so I doubt if it's nice in darker shades.
One thing that's worth mentioning is that the lipstick smells quite nice, it's very'Kate', well in my opinion. It's fresh and quite sophisticated.
DSC_0357_2

Note the lip lines. Other than that, love the colour.

Then I saw this beautiful ad campaign display over the counter for this lip colour, by Maybelline. And I knew immediately I had to get it. Well okay I kinda hesitated between this Fuschia Flash by Maybelline and the Just Bitten kissable lips by Revlon, which was worn by Emma Stone in her Revlon ad campaign!
After hovering here and there, I decided to still go on with Fuschia Flash, because although they are almost similar colours, Just Bitten is slightly darker and purply.
DSC_0377_2

Super creamy and quite pigmented. I guess I prefer it to be a lil' bit more pigmented and less creamy? 'Coz I fear that the colour is gonna run for its creaminess and for these kind of bright colours I think it should be a lil' bit more pigmented. But overall, I still love the colour.
DSC_0375

So I guess I found my Spring colour.

And the Rimmel Apocalips in Apocaliptic.
DSC_0386

It's so glossy and pigmented. But the colour applies a lil' redder than shown on the product itself. Which at first kinda turn me off, 'coz I'm so into fuchsia toned lipstick now. But after that, I think the colour does make me look paler, which I like! Rather than fuschia that normally turns me a lil bit yellow.
DSC_0402_2

I think the apocalips by Rimmel has great quality. I'm impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff